Selling your home can be stressful, especially when a new job or other life change is forcing you to move quickly. Here are five simple questions to ask yourself in order to help ensure a faster sale.
1) Am I willing to price my home competitively? The right price will help generate more traffic during those critical first few weeks on the market. If your house is priced too high, many buyers and agents may skip your listing in favor of better-priced options.
2) Am I willing to put in the time, energy, and money to make my home stand out? First impressions sell houses, so it’s important that your home look great both inside and out. The more work it needs, the less likely a buyer will be open to paying top dollar.
3) Am I willing to make it easy for buyers to tour my home? Be ready for showings at a moment’s notice. The more buyers see your home, the faster it will sell.
4) Am I willing to keep my personal feelings out of it? It can be uncomfortable opening your home to strangers, knowing that they will be judging it with a critical eye. Treat your home’s sale like a business transaction and try not to take anything personally.
5) Am I willing to spread the word through my social network? Share your listing information with friends on social media, at work, and at the gym. You never know who might be looking to buy a home.